Saturday, November 13, 2021

AME Tracer - Planning

 

So here are the chops of the 86 with a substantial drop in suspension. 

Coil Overs are a necessity to fit these wheels. The previous owner of these wheels had a set of used coil overs. however, I want something new and the adjustability I need.


O the stock 16 inch wheels the tyres would dissappear with this kind of drop. With 18 inch wheels the height will remain usable. I have no desire to go massively low. This is a GT Touring and Touge car. that should cover point to point quickly. 


This is an extreme budget car only focussing on where I need to.  I have to fix the passenger side sill. in time.  Previous owner hit a gutter... but the chassis is straight. 


So now that I really don't like the gold. something in the gold doesn't match the silver at all. 


one colour that does match is green... Castrol green has a JDM flair... 

But I think one day long in the future when I fit the suspension and wheels. there will be some gun metal to replace the gold. it may take the form of plasti-dip initially. 

I really like this.


Grey is boring but the less attention, the better. The last think I want is bling bling 

One last component is the fender flare... A simple option is the TRD style offering. 

https://www.zerooffset.com.au/products/12-20-toyota-86-subaru-86-trd-style-fender-flares?_pos=1&_sid=f357cf53a&_ss=r

it closes the finder gap and adds the 7mm coverage I will need to get the 255 tyres vaguely "under" the guard.  




No comments:

Post a Comment